The Green Park Step Free Access and Station Upgrade Project in London is a major London Underground infrastructure upgrade project designed to improve this major interchange station and reduce congestion in readiness for the London Olympics in 2012.
Alan Auld Engineering Ltd was engaged by contractor Joseph Gallagher Ltd to provide a full temporary works and technical support service to this contract, which commenced with early involvement at the tender stage.
We initially assisted the contractor with the tender submission, providing site layout drawings and supporting documents for the bid. On succesfully winning this contract JGL Ltd then engaged our company to work up these tender proposals into working designs to facilitate the construction of this project.
Our work on this project has been very varied and includes:
- The development and design of an acoustic shroud to the work site
- Extensive underpinning including excavation support to the south wall and slab of the existing ticket hall.
- King pile temporary excavation support to the west side of the site.
- Design of shaft hoisting arrangements
- Design of shaft access ladderway
- Temporary works propping support to facilitate demolition of existing station wall